Sunday, October 10, 2010

Map preview: Tycho's House of pain

























































As soon as I got my copy of Halo: Reach I knew I wanted to revisit the maps that I had built in Halo 3's forge. These Maps were in hindsight horrible adaptations of what I was inspired by in the first place. In the beginning stages of my forge experience I decided not to use geomerging. This was a decision made by determining the amount of time it would take for 1 person to forge what I wanted and sheer laziness.

As soon as I got past the learning curve between the old and new I decided to start on my first map A New Parallel (Coming Soon!) Inspired by Marathon: Durandal's 16th Parallel. So far this has turned out very nice and fit the dimensions I need it to.

With my ADD raging on I quickly worked my way into a corner with A New Parallel and started on my second map Tycho's House of Pain. This map Is inspired by the Marathon Durandal Map House of Pain. Here I learned new lessons and made both House of pain and A New Parallel better maps in that time. After getting a style down, building and ditching Ideas I think I have the final product (geographically, This Is Pre-Play testing).

No comments: